Ginger Hair Oil
1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
¼ cup light sesame oil
This treatment stimulates hair growth while alleviating dandruff and boosting the scalp’s circulation. It will leave your hair smelling faintly of ginger, a very pleasing scent.
Place the grated ginger inside a piece of cheesecloth and gently squeeze ¼ teaspoon of the juice into the sesame oil. Mix the oil and juice together with a fork until blended thoroughly. Massage the oil into your scalp and leave on for ten minutes before shampooing.
1. Rub sage leaves and rosemary leaves between your fingers to release their oils
2. Place herbs in a pot and add a pint of cold water. Cover.
3. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat and allow herbs to steep, still covered for three hours. Once cool, strain herbs and pour mixture into a spray bottle.
5. Spritz dry hair until it is saturated, then massage into scalp and comb through. Don’t rinse. Use two or three days in a row for optimal results. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Herbal Rinse for Dry Hair and Dandruff
8 ounces floral water or herbal infusion
2 tbsp.. apple cider vinegar
In this treatment, lavender floral water can be used or you can create your own herbal infusion. Simply take fresh or dried herbs and pour hot water over them, about two to three tablespoons per cup, to make a strong infusion. Obtain a good organic apple cider vinegar and pour into a wide mouthed glass jar. To one quart of vinegar, add one to two handfuls of herbs. Set in the sun for a few weeks, shaking daily. For dandruff, use lavender, rosemary, and basil. This is a great addition to olive oil for a flavorful salad dressing as well!
Herbal Rinse for Oily Hair
1 pint boiling water
1 teaspoon each burdock root, calendula flowers, chamomile flowers, lavender flowers, lemongrass and sage leaves
1 tablespoon vinegar
Pour boiling water over herbs and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain and add vinegar. Pour over scalp and hair as final rinse after shampooing. Leave on without rinsing out.
- Sage is excellent for weak hair.
- Rosemary enhances dark hair
- Chamomile promotes healthy hair growth
- Catnip promotes hair growth
- Burdock root promotes hair growth and reduces hair from falling out.
For extra body, create a setting lotion by mixing 2 ounces lemon juice with 5 drops rosemary essential oil. Comb into hair and relax!